Friday, December 5, 2008

What are we thinking.


Don't touch , leave the ornaments alone, get away from the tree, if you don't stop I am calling Santa. Does anyone else sound like me at least a million times a day. I love Christmas and it is allot of fun with kids, but there are days when I wonder why do I add more excitement to my already energetic kids?


This year I am trying something new. As I was putting up my nativities (I have 4 of them) I decided that Jesus was going to be missing, I didn't think any of them would notice, but Liv did. I told her that baby Jesus kept hearing about Santa so maybe he didn't feel welcome. So over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas we will dicuss more about putting the Savior back into Christmas instead of Santa. That is the goal. I do know that we will not open 1 present until Jesus is back in the Nativities. Having 4 nativities give each us a chance to do something this holiday that would reflect the Savior and the true meaning of Christmas.


When I learn of Elder Wirthlin passing I was reminded of my first Christmas as a missionary. I had only been in the MTC a week. Elder Wirthlin and his family and mean the whole family, kids, grand kids, and maybe even some great-grand kids all came and sang and played music for us for there Christmas morning. The Christmas' as a missionary are far different then any I have ever experienced or ever will you are so shelter from the world that you miss the commericalism and it is wonderful. I am grateful for Christmas and this time of year when we can be reminded of the things we are grateful for and then in the next month remember our Savior and truly show gratitude for him and the sacrifice he gave each of us.

I hope that Jesus isn't missing from your nativities or your Christmas.


4 comments:

Shelly and Ben said...

That's a cool idea angie!

Alicia said...

Hey Ang! You are such a great mom! I think that is wonderful that you are helping your kids understand the true meaning of Christmas. I think that is something they will really appreciate and remember througout their lives.

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

Merry Christmas Angie! YOur blog and family are beautiful. We need to get Kathy into this so she will keep up on her blog. Love to your family.

Celeste said...

Hi Jeff & Angie! I'm glad you found my blog- so now I can take a little peek into your family, too! I like the missing baby Jesus idea. That's a good lesson for all of us.