Monday, April 26, 2010

GREYSON PHILLIPS

Well I was scheduled to be started on Thursday night/Friday morning at mid-night, but little did I know that the cramps I was having at 11 pm were really labor pains. When we got to the hospital they became more regular. They checked me into my room and started to get me settled at about 12:20 am. When the nurse finally checked me I was a 6, which was a complete surprise to me since I have never made it past a 2 on my own.

Well some little guy was in a real hurry to get here, I guess he heard I was kicking him out an decided he was going to beat me and everyone to it. Well I got my epidural which was a waste of money considering it never took and it was the most painful of any epidural I have ever had and the nurse was slower then molasses in giving it to me. Less 10 minutes after I got the epidural my water broke and he was coming regardless of whether my doctor was there or not. They pulled the doctor from the room next door to come and deliver him. My doctor walked in about 5 minutes after he was born. From this delivery compared to my others, I would not recommend going all natural...go for the drugs and make sure they work!Ready or not here he is GREYSON PHILLIPS SAUNDERS weighing in at 7lbs 13 oz, and 21 inches long.
Liv and boys were excited to meet their new brother. Harrison acted shy and nervous, he was very proud to get another brother. Liv I think could hold him all day if he didn't need to eat.

Weston still isn't sure what he thinks it is a little hard going from having mom's attention all the time to having to share me, but he still thinks we should keep him. His thing today was "He's Toot".
I don't think we will ever get the smile off Harrison's face....at least not until he starts getting into his things.
We are glad to have little Greyson, become part of our family. A new life in the family, makes you realize how precious they all are. We pondered this little guys name for along time, he was the hardest one for us to name. He is named after his dad and grandpa through the name Phillips, in giving him this name we wondered what time he spent with our loves ones on the other side especially his Grandpa Saunders and wonder what things he told him and taught him before he left Heaven to join us. Grandpa Saunders was very proud of his Initials and put them on anything that belong to him. Including his art company GPS art. We hope Greyson will be as proud of his name and initials as his Papa Saunders.

4 comments:

Curtis & Elise said...

I love hearing the birth story, thanks! I'm so sorry it didn't go "better" for you, but at least it didn't last hours and hours - that's always the ONLY good thing about having it happen so fast there's no time for meds. Congrats on your adorable little boy! And I'm impressed you were able to smile for the camera. :)

Celeste said...

I agree, "He's Toot!!" I'm so happy for you all- especially that you made it with no meds!! I'm sorry! Glad that this sweet boy is part of the family.

Alicia said...

Congrats! He is adorable! I can't believe you have 4, how fun!:) I am sorry about the epidural! I have felt the pain of being dilated to a 9 and I cant even imagine pushing a baby out without having the meds! You are one tough lady!:)

Laura said...

Okay so I came here instead and got the scoop on Greyson! I love the name and why you named him that! SO wonderful! He is a doll. SO glad things went well, even though it was painful. So sorry about that. Where did you deliever? CRAZY story! Take care!