Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So Proud..yet Sad too.

Olivia has been counting the days for school to get out. You would think it was, so she could go swimming, stay up late, sleep in and just play and have fun.


Well those were some of the good reasons, but the one thing she really wanted to do this summer was to cut her hair and donate it to "Locks of Love".
I measured her hair on Friday and she had 12 inches to donate, you to have at least have 10.



Well no problem there, except mom wasn't quite really for her to get her hair cut. I love doing Liv's hair and doing new hair styles. We did a clover for St. Patricks day, and on crazy hair we did a ton of buns all over, like the girl in "Liar Liar" way cute and fun. I tried to talk her into waiting until school started in the fall. She wouldn't go for that. So I called the salon and made an appointment. (sorry for the picture on its side).

The girl that cut her hair did it different, then I had done when I donated my hair 4 years ago they braided it and then cut. This girl split Liv hair in sections and then cut it to length I told her I wanted Liv's hair. She did this is 4 different section. She said this makes it so more hair goes to "Locks of Love" instead of on the ground.


Liv hair is now a cute little bob. She calls it her "summer" hair cut. It looks way cute on her. She says she can look in the mirror more now then she could before..not quite sure why she couldn't look before, but OK.



We are now both going to grow our hair out, so that we can donate our hair again next year. She was so excited after she got her hair cut she jumped out of the chair and gave me a big hug. That made it all worth it, I guess I will have to find some cute short hair-do's for short hair now. Any ideas?

5 comments:

Shelly and Ben said...

She's so sweet!!! Hey, look at it this way. SOME of us will NEVER have enough hair to EVER be able to donate! lol. SOME of us can't grow hair past our shoulders!

Curtis & Elise said...

Congratulation on donating the hair. That's way cool. Shelly has a few good hairdo sites listed on her website that have quite a few styles that can be done no matter the length of the hair. Good luck!

Jenny said...

That is AWESOME! Great Job LIV! Your new hair cut is very cute.

Celeste said...

I love the bob look! What a good girl.

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

That is really sweet. My mom-in-law has been through breast cancer and I know how much it means to her to have a wig that looks natural and pretty. Her hair will mean a lot. She looks so cute. Maybe I will do it next year, too. It is painful for me to cut my hair, but if it helps someone else, it is worth it.