
It was awesome! I am so glad I went. It was first of all fun to get your sack lunch and board the Yellow school bus like you were in the 1st grade going on a field trip. Everyone was giddy and excited to go. I got to know a few more people from the ward which was worth the trip.
When we got to The Conference center and sat in our seats, I sat watch as each seat fill up. It was amazing to see that many women together in one building and know that many more women assembled in church buildings all over the world. All for one purpose to hear our leaders speak to us. Sister Julie B Beck spoke about understanding the purpose the Relief Society. How we can better improve ourselves. Also to be prepare to receive revelation. SEEK, RECEIVE & ASK. and most important be prepare to listen.
Sister Silvia Allred spoke about the temple and the sacrifices that people make to attend the Temple by selling things to pay to attend and traveling for days. As she spoke I thought I may not have to sell thing and give them up for good, but I could turn off the T.V., the computer and other things that may stop me from attending the temple.
Sister Barbara Thompson said that the Relief Society is evidence that God loves us. Relief Society is part of our Heritage.
Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf was probably where I felt the most like he was speaking directly to me. He spoke about feeling inadequate, overwhelm and discouraged. I feel this way often with all of the things I need to accomplish as a mom. Let alone the extra things that are required of me as a daughter of God. He spoke about finding God' s happiness. Which is to serve others. He taught us to create new things and it didn't have to be big, it could be saying hello to someone or making a child laugh. Just to bring to existence something that was not there before. he also taught us to be compassionate we are surrounded by small acts of service and to feel the prayers around us and be an instrument in the Lord's hand to answer them.
I left feeling like could conquer the world or at least my little part of it. I am grateful that I made the time to go. My day was pretty busy and had I thought much about what the day had in store I may not have gone, but I am really glad I did and I can say I was blessed for going. I have decided that if it something I should be doing plan on going no matter what and it will be worth it. Everything else will fall in place.
On the yellow bus on the way home it was just as giddy and funny to listen to the sound of laughter and joy. It sounded like a huge slumber party. Which I am sure had been years for most of us since we had attend a slumber party.
I am excited for conference this weekend and for the messages and guidance that I may receive. Maybe next week I will feel like conquering the rest of the world.
When we got to The Conference center and sat in our seats, I sat watch as each seat fill up. It was amazing to see that many women together in one building and know that many more women assembled in church buildings all over the world. All for one purpose to hear our leaders speak to us. Sister Julie B Beck spoke about understanding the purpose the Relief Society. How we can better improve ourselves. Also to be prepare to receive revelation. SEEK, RECEIVE & ASK. and most important be prepare to listen.
Sister Silvia Allred spoke about the temple and the sacrifices that people make to attend the Temple by selling things to pay to attend and traveling for days. As she spoke I thought I may not have to sell thing and give them up for good, but I could turn off the T.V., the computer and other things that may stop me from attending the temple.
Sister Barbara Thompson said that the Relief Society is evidence that God loves us. Relief Society is part of our Heritage.
Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf was probably where I felt the most like he was speaking directly to me. He spoke about feeling inadequate, overwhelm and discouraged. I feel this way often with all of the things I need to accomplish as a mom. Let alone the extra things that are required of me as a daughter of God. He spoke about finding God' s happiness. Which is to serve others. He taught us to create new things and it didn't have to be big, it could be saying hello to someone or making a child laugh. Just to bring to existence something that was not there before. he also taught us to be compassionate we are surrounded by small acts of service and to feel the prayers around us and be an instrument in the Lord's hand to answer them.
I left feeling like could conquer the world or at least my little part of it. I am grateful that I made the time to go. My day was pretty busy and had I thought much about what the day had in store I may not have gone, but I am really glad I did and I can say I was blessed for going. I have decided that if it something I should be doing plan on going no matter what and it will be worth it. Everything else will fall in place.
On the yellow bus on the way home it was just as giddy and funny to listen to the sound of laughter and joy. It sounded like a huge slumber party. Which I am sure had been years for most of us since we had attend a slumber party.
I am excited for conference this weekend and for the messages and guidance that I may receive. Maybe next week I will feel like conquering the rest of the world.




No comments:
Post a Comment